Web site for the people looking for a job as English teachers

Visa for teaching English in EIKAIWA
(English conversation schools)

<Minimum requirement for getting a Work Visa in Japan>

Japan's immigration laws require you to have a bachelor’s degree (in any subject) to be eligible for a Work Visa. If you have a degree, and your native language is English, the procedure should be straightforward once you have found a company to sponsor you.

What type of Visa do you need to teach English at EIKAIWA
(English conversation schools) in Japan?

The usual choices are
1. Work Visa
2. Working Holiday Visa

Also you could
3. Enter on a tourist visa, search for work, then switch to a Work Visa.

A few large EIKAIWA schools have recruiting offices abroad, but the chance for getting a Work Visa sponsored by an EIKAIWA school before landing in Japan is quite small.
Starting work with a Working Holiday Visa, then, switching to a Work Visa is quite common.

Get work visa
Get work visa

Specialist in Humanities Visa.

Get Work Visa

To teach at an EIKAIWA, you need Specialist in Humanities Visa. This visa allows you to work in private institutions and companies. EIKAIWA falls into this category. more


Get Working Holiday Visa

Working Holiday Visa

Some countries have reciprocal visa relationships with Japan allowing their citizens aged between 18 and 30 (18 and 25 for some countries) to come to Japan on a Working Holiday Visa. On a Working Holiday visa you are allowed to more

Changing Visa
Changing Visa

Do you have to leave Japan to change your visa?

Changing Visa

No you don't. It is a somewhat confusing issue because you will get different statements over the same issue depending on the source. Some of the embassy and government websites say that if you come in on a tourist visa, you’ll need to more